Monday, April 15, 2013

Julep Emerald Set

Julep recently came out with a emerald set that included "Angelina" a shimmer polish and "Esmeralda" a matching glitter polish. The picture below shows two coats of "Esmeralda" over "Angelina."


This set also came with an emerald necklace to go with the polish. I initially was not too thrilled with the necklace, especially seeing as it is more of a grass green shade and does not match the green of the nail polish, but it is growing on me and I'm starting to really like it now.


3 comments:

  1. I ended up skipping this one. Angelina looks like a dupe of China Glaze's Outta Bounds (bit of an older polish, but still...) I did want Esmerelda, b/c I haven't found a dupe for that one yet. I still might pick it up the next time I get a coupon from them.
    I really don't care for the necklace though. I'm all for costume jewelery (why pay an arm and leg when you can get a faux for 90% less?) But this necklace just reminds me of something you'd find at the flea market (no offence, I know you said you like it - that's just my opinion)
    I like Julep polish, but I feel like they're way overpriced. I usually only buy the mystery boxes, or the maven boxes if they're good. Honestly, I don't how they manage to sell them for $14 a piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinful Colors Lush Life is a dupe for Esmeralda :)

      Delete
    2. They are similar but not quite the same. I have both and Lush Life is more of a turquoise. The blue tint to the color is a lot stronger then in Esmeralda, which is more of an emerald green.

      Delete